Adult Book Club
The Sullivan County Public Library Adult Book Club meets the first Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m. in the Library Annex. Refreshments are shared, and we discuss the current book. Copies of the books are provided by the Indiana Humanities Novel Conversations project. All Sullivan County adults are invited to join. Those who wish to participate may pick up a copy of the current book at the main desk of the Sullivan Library.
The schedule for upcoming meetings are as follows:
- April 2014 – Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
- May 2014 – So Cold the River by Michael Koryta
- June 2014 – Hurry Down Sunshine by Michael Greenberg
- July 2014 – First Ladies: An intimate group portrait by Margaret Truman
- August 2014 – Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
- September 2014 – The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- October 2014 – House of a Thousand Candles by Meredith Nicholson
- November 2014 – Prayers and Lies by Sherri Wood Emmons
- December 2014 – The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba
- January 2015 – Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
- February 2015 – Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg
Children’s Book Club
The Sullivan Tweens Book Club meets at the Sullivan County Public Library every Thursday from 4-5 p.m. All kids in 5th-8th grades are invited to join the club for crafts, activities, snacks, and a chance to chat about popular books and movies. The book club also helps design and plan special library events for tweens, including events for our upcoming Summer Reading Program.
Book club participants may ride the bus to the Sullivan Library, with parental or guardian permission.